Friday, December 5, 2008

Elder Albert's in his first area!!!

Elder Albert left the MTC on Nov 25 for PA. I knew Tyler was going to call from the airport before flying to Pennsylvania so sleeping the night before was difficult. I kept waking up afraid I had slept through my alarm. Finally the phone lit up and I jumped to answer it. I let the kids talk to him before they left for school (generous of me huh?) and then we talked for nearly an hour. He arrived in Philly 2 days before Thanksgiving and has been assigned his first area - Allentown. He said his Thanksgiving was good but he didn't have any deviled eggs :-( For anyone that knows Tyler he LOVES deviled eggs and can really down them and hardly leaves any for the rest of us. He has only been out for one week and needs new gloves, apparently the middle finger knuckle has a hole in it from knocking on doors. He says he might try using a golf ball. I think I might send him some for Christmas!!!!!

3 comments:

AubreAnn said...

I didn't get any deviled eggs this year either mom :( I think we're the only family that does that on Thanksgiving...

JOY said...

Wow - his first area! How exciting is that!! We like deviled egss for Thanksgiving too. Abe's mom calls them "mormon eggs"

Kristin said...

New gloves already!! That is one hard working missionary!!!